Prefer a shower or a bath?
Opinions differ widely on whether it is better to take a shower or have a bath. For some, the bathtub is an essential feature of a standard bathroom. Others prefer to take a shower when it comes to personal hygiene. We have five reasons each for why you might prefer a bathtub or a shower.
Five advantages of the shower
1. A shower can be installed in a small space, with an unusual floor plan and regardless of the roof pitch. There are lots of space-saving versions which vary in width and length as well as in design. In spacious bathrooms, they can also be used as room separators.
2. Either floor-even showers or shower trays can be installed. It is simpler to get into a floor-even shower than a shower tray. This enables barrier-free showering.
3. A room can look larger if the shower is adapted to suit the bathroom design. A pull-out shower cubicle or a glass door as well as tiles that ensure a seamless transition between the bathroom and the shower are a great help here.
4. A shower can also become an eye-catcher with a range of highlights such as specially shaped taps, a colourful shower curtain or specially patterned tiles.
5. It is quicker to take a shower and it is also more environmentally friendly because you need less water than you do to fill a bathtub. This saves time, money and energy. As a comparison: on average, you need around 150 litres of water to fill a bathtub; a five-minute shower saves three to five times the amount of water, providing you turn the water off while you soap yourself.
Five advantages of the bathtub
1. Having a bath is fun. In a family bathroom, the bathtub is often very popular with children because they get a feel for hygiene in a playful way and can splash around.
2. The advantage of a bathtub is that you don’t have to decide between bathing and showering, you can do both here. In the case of people who are no longer physically fit, there are bathtubs with a seat and a door to make it easier to get in. A corner bathtub can be a good solution in a small bathroom.
3. A bathtub represents comfort. Taking care of your personal hygiene as you lie back and relax is a joy. Bathtubs with wellness jets and sprays help ensure even more relaxation. This then also offers a perfect substitute for a whirlpool.
4. A pleasantly warm bath is good for your health. It helps get rid of everyday stress, and warms your body up on a cold day. If you’re coming down with a cold, a bath will help your blood flow and support the body’s natural defences. If you want, you can add bath oil to the water. The strain is taken off muscles and joints because of the buoyancy in the water. It also helps to stop your muscles from aching.
5. Bathtubs can be real eye-catchers. Alongside standard-size bathtubs, there are also freestanding bathtubs, bathtubs embedded in the floor as well as corner bathtubs with an appealing design. Designs in unusual shapes and models give bathrooms that extra certain something.
Added value to you Get inspiration for your new bathroom
Discover ideas and functions in the modern bathroom and choose what you like and what is important to you. In just a few steps, you can bring together the elements of your dream bathroom.
If you have any questions, simply fill out the contact form.
3D bathroom planner
Plan your bathroom online using the 3D view and choose between various options. You can also request a quote to turn your dream into a reality.
Our newsletter will provide you with insights and tips on how your bathroom can simplify your day-to-day life.
Always staying up to date
Subscribe to our newsletter and don’t miss out on any news, events or tips for the bathroom. Stay up to date with the latest products, important dates for your calendar and more information on cleanliness, optimisation of space, comfort, design, user-friendliness and accessibility in the bathroom.
Which bathroom is the right one for you?
But, what exactly are your needs? Is space, cleanliness or the design important to you? Would you like user-friendly products or would you prefer that extra degree of comfort that the Geberit AquaClean shower toilet, for example, has to offer? Or would you prefer a universal design? No matter what your needs are, we simplify your daily routine with our clever bathroom solutions.
More space in the bathroom
Higher standard of cleanliness in the bathroom
More functional design in the bathroom
Greater comfort in the bathroom
Increased accessibility in the bathroom
Improved usability in the bathroom