Small floor plan in the bathroom
If you have a bathroom with very little space, you are familiar with the problem. The bathroom should really be a place of retreat and relaxation, but the floor plan is small, storage space is at a premium and the design possibilities are limited. So how can you transform a small bathroom with just a few square metres of space into a genuine dream bathroom? That’s where carefully thought-out room design comes in.
Various surveys and studies show that the bathroom is a place where people want to enjoy some peace and quiet, and just relax. But if a room is average-sized, there’s not much space left for a real oasis of well-being. If there is to be space for decoration or furniture in a bathroom in addition to a toilet, a washbasin and a shower or bathtub, things start to get tight.
And things get even more difficult if there are roof pitches to be taken into consideration. But there are ways of upgrading a small bathroom – even on a small budget and even if your mini bathroom does not come close to the dimensions and floor plan of a modern bathroom from a glossy magazine.
Little space in the bathroom: proper planning and furnishing
Apps and planning tools can help you find the perfect design for your bathroom. A good idea can make a small room appear more spacious and cosy.
To get as much as you can out of a small bathroom floor plan, the trick is to reduce the solely functional elements to a minimum. For example, it helps to conceal things such as the cistern and trap behind the wall. It is also a good idea to opt for a suitable, space-saving washbasin cabinet. This can solve two problems at the same time: you no longer see the trap and the water pipes, and the furniture provides additional storage space under the washbasin.
Another possibility is to use half or room-height installation walls. These walls conceal the technology. This can increase the comfort factor in a small bathroom.
Seven design tips for small bathrooms
- Using space-saving ceramic sanitary appliances as compact variants, in other words with slim dimensions, is a good idea in a bathroom with a small floor plan. The better the furniture is coordinated with the appliances, the calmer and more harmonious the room appears.
- Tidiness creates space, which is why bathroom furniture with clever storage space is a good solution for a small floor plan. Washbasin cabinets with drawers or mirror cabinets with storage space are particularly useful in such cases.
- Large tiles are the perfect choice in a small bathroom as there are fewer joints. The wall structure appears calmer in a small room and the bathroom thus less cramped.
- It’s well worth paying attention to the right lighting in the bathroom. With optimum lighting conditions, even bathrooms without windows can appear larger, warmer and more inviting.
- Light and warm colours make more out of a small bathroom. In combination with the right lighting, the room will appear larger.
- Free areas make more space and make the room appear larger. This is why wall-hung products are suitable for bathrooms with a small floor plan. A wall-hung WC not only makes a room appear more airy and spacious, but also makes it easier to clean.
- Natural materials such as stone and wood are highly recommended in a small bathroom. They help make the room appealing and cosy.
Added value to you Get inspiration for your new bathroom
Discover ideas and functions in the modern bathroom and choose what you like and what is important to you. In just a few steps, you can bring together the elements of your dream bathroom.
If you have any questions, simply fill out the contact form.
3D bathroom planner
Plan your bathroom online using the 3D view and choose between various options. You can also request a quote to turn your dream into a reality.
Our newsletter will provide you with insights and tips on how your bathroom can simplify your day-to-day life.
Always staying up to date
Subscribe to our newsletter and don’t miss out on any news, events or tips for the bathroom. Stay up to date with the latest products, important dates for your calendar and more information on cleanliness, optimisation of space, comfort, design, user-friendliness and accessibility in the bathroom.
Which bathroom is the right one for you?
But, what exactly are your needs? Is space, cleanliness or the design important to you? Would you like user-friendly products or would you prefer that extra degree of comfort that the Geberit AquaClean shower toilet, for example, has to offer? Or would you prefer a universal design? No matter what your needs are, we simplify your daily routine with our clever bathroom solutions.
More space in the bathroom
Higher standard of cleanliness in the bathroom
More functional design in the bathroom
Greater comfort in the bathroom
Increased accessibility in the bathroom
Improved usability in the bathroom