Waging war on germs in the bathroom
Keeping your bathroom clean doesn’t have to be a struggle and simple hygiene can make a huge difference keeping germs at bay.
Tips for reducing germs in your own bathroom
- Bacteria love moist hand and bath towels. So always hang them up freely to dry and wash them at least once a week at a temperature of at least 60 degrees.
- Toothbrushes should not be underestimated as potential habitats for bacteria, which is why they should be replaced every two or three months and stored in such a way that they can dry properly.
- As bacteria love moisture, it is important to let plenty of fresh air into the bathroom or to make sure that the ventilation system is working properly.
- Shower curtains tend to attract fungus and mildew. So it’s important to make sure that they can dry properly after you use the shower. In addition, they should be washed from time to time. In the long term, a shower partition wall made from glass is generally more hygienic.
- Don’t neglect door handles, flush plates and light switches when you clean your bathroom.
- Always rub bathtubs and showers dry after use to make it as difficult as possible for microorganisms to settle there.
- Plenty of germs accumulate in the silicon seals even though they look clean enough at first glance. That’s why you should regularly clean them with a vinegar-based detergent and hot water.
- Don’t forget the shower head. Germs quickly accumulate in the shower head. So, it’s a good idea to let hot water run through the jets before showering. Ideally, this water should have a temperature of 60 degrees.
- Cloths for cleaning should be regularly washed at 90 degrees in the washing machine and separate cloths should be used for the bathroom. And as a special precautionary measure, you should use a separate cloth of a different colour for cleaning the toilet.
- Hair and dirt also quickly collect in bathroom mats. Shaking them out regularly and washing them in hot water can help.
- Bathroom sponges used when you have a bath are no better than kitchen sponges and should therefore be replaced regularly.
- Cosmetic and hair brushes also need to be cleaned. Ideally, they should be washed occasionally with shampoo.
Added value to you Get inspiration for your new bathroom
Discover ideas and functions in the modern bathroom and choose what you like and what is important to you. In just a few steps, you can bring together the elements of your dream bathroom.
If you have any questions, simply fill out the contact form.
Our newsletter will provide you with insights and tips on how your bathroom can simplify your day-to-day life.
Always staying up to date
Subscribe to our newsletter and don’t miss out on any news, events or tips for the bathroom. Stay up to date with the latest products, important dates for your calendar and more information on cleanliness, optimisation of space, comfort, design, user-friendliness and accessibility in the bathroom.
Which bathroom is the right one for you?
But, what exactly are your needs? Is space, cleanliness or the design important to you? Would you like user-friendly products or would you prefer that extra degree of comfort that the Geberit AquaClean shower toilet, for example, has to offer? Or would you prefer a universal design? No matter what your needs are, we simplify your daily routine with our clever bathroom solutions.
More space in the bathroom
Higher standard of cleanliness in the bathroom
More functional design in the bathroom
Greater comfort in the bathroom
Increased accessibility in the bathroom
Improved usability in the bathroom